Admiral van insurance review

  • 5-star Defaqto rated van insurance
  • Cover for small, transit and large vans up to 3.5 tonnes
  • Great deals available for comprehensive and Third Party policies
  • Windscreen repair, courtesy van and European cover as standard

Get a quote

Admiral insurance

Cover options

Admiral offers four levels of van insurance cover (sometimes referred to as commercial van insurance or business van insurance) which are based on how you use your van.

You can choose from:

  • Social use only
  • Social and commuting
  • Own goods cover
  • Haulage cover

You can insure all types of vans through Admiral, from small vans to transit vans and larger commercial vans (up to 3.5 tonnes).

Admiral offers Comprehensive, Third Party, Fire and Theft and Third Party Only policies for van insurance. 

Social use only

If you only use your van for personal journeys, and not to commute or for any other business-related purpose, then Admiral's Social cover is likely to be best suited to you.

This level of cover is ideal for those who use a van for leisure activities that need a bit more space such as fishing or surfing.

Social and commuting

If you use your van to commute to and from work, as well as for social and leisure reasons, then you will need Admiral's Social and Commuting cover.This will likely cost a bit more as it means you are also covered for travelling to and from work.

Own goods cover

If you are a tradesman such as a plumber, builder or carpenter, and use your can in connection with your business activity then you will need the Own goods cover. This level of cover also suits other van owners who have to drive between different places of work e.g social workers.

If you use your van to transport your tools or any stock or merchandise then you can also upgrade to Admiral's Goods and Tools cover - which is similar to a Goods in Transit insurance. This gives you a higher level of cover for your van contents, helping you to recover any costs if your van tools are stolen or damaged.

See also: Van tool insurance

Haulage cover

Admiral's Haulage cover is for van owners who use their vehicle to transport and deliver third party goods. This cover is suited to couriers, furniture overs and so on and is needed by anyone who earns money by using their van to deliver third-party goods.

Admiral's comprehensive van insurance - What does it cover?

Admiral's new and improved 5-star van insurance comes with the following protection as standard:

  • Windscreen repair (excess applies)
  • Courtesy van (while yours is being repaid at an Admiral-approved garage)
  • European cover for 90 days