Age Co car insurance review
Who is Age Co?
Age Co insurance used to trade under the Age UK brand, which is a charity designed to support older people in the UK. Age Co also offer products such as home and travel insurance for over 50s, as well as breakdown cover.
Age Co was separated from the Age UK brand to clearly distinguish between their charitable work and commercial products and services.
While the two organisations are now separate, donations made to Age UK from the profits made by Age Co are expected to hit around £3 million a year.
Age Co over 50s car insurance
Previously known as Age UK, Age Co offer car insurance specifically targeted to drivers aged over 50.
They offer comprehensive car insurance as well as third-party fire and theft and third-party only polices, as well as a range of added benefits and optional extras.
As specialists in insurance for the older generation, Age Co provide:
- Over 50’s car insurance
- Over 60’s car insurance
- Over 70’s car insurance
- Over 80’s car insurance
As older drivers tend to have more experience on the road, they are seen as less likely to be involved in an accident and making a claim. For this reason, Age Co's prices can be very competitive.
A comprehensive over 50’s car insurance policy from Age Co comes with the following benefits:
- No upper age limits, unlike many other providers
- Pay your premiums monthly at no extra cost
- No admin of cancellation fees
- 24-hour accident helpline
- Guaranteed courtesy car while yours is being repaired after an accident
- Up to 14 days access to a courtesy car if yours is stolen and not recovered, or written off
- No Claims Discount protected as standard
- ‘Message Relay Service’ can contact a relative or friend for you if you are involved in an accident
- All fitted audio equipment is protected
- ‘Get You Home Service’ which makes sure you get home, or to your planned destination, if your car is not deemed roadworthy after an accident
- Unlimited windscreen cover
- European cover for up to 180 days a year
Other car insurance reviews
As well as all that, Age Co also offer a range of optional extras you can choose to add to your policy for an extra cost:
Motor Legal Protection
Motor legal protection gives you up to £100,000 cover for legal costs to pursue any uninsured losses after an accident that was not your fault e.g. personal injury.
Replacement keys and locks are covered as standard up to £500 with an excess of £100. This optional extra includes other keys (home, office etc.) and raises the maximum claim value to £1,500.
This will reimburse the excess payment you make after a fault claim or vehicle theft or fire. You can make up to two claims per year with a limit of £500 per claim.
More insurance offers for over 50’s…
How much does Age Co car insurance cost?
As with all car insurance companies, the amount you pay in premiums for Age Co car insurance will depend on a host of different factors, including:
- Your age
- History of no claims
- Make and model of your car
- Your address
- Where you park the car at home (on the road, driveway, garage etc…)
- What you use the car for (commuting, driving for work etc…)
- Annual mileage
However, Age UK currently state you can get car insurance with them from £199.70 (10% of all customers who took out a Comprehensive policy starting July and December 2017 paid £199.70 or less).