Age UK car insurance review
Age UK over 50’s car insurance
Age UK offers car insurance specifically targeted to drivers aged over 50. They offer comprehensive car insurance as well as third-party fire and theft and third-party only polices as well as a range of added benefits and optional extras.
As Age UK cater solely for over 50’s their policies tend to be very competitive when it comes to price, as more experienced drivers are seen as less likely to be involved in accidents and making a claim.
A comprehensive over 50’s car insurance policy from Age UK comes with the following benefits:
- No upper age limits, unlike many other providers
- Pay your premiums monthly at no extra cost
- No admin of cancellation fees
- 24-hour accident helpline
- Guaranteed courtesy car while yours is being repaired after an accident
- Up to 14 days access to a courtesy car if yours is stolen and not recovered, or written off
- No Claims Discount protected as standard
- ‘Message Relay Service’ can contact a relative or friend for you if you are involved in an accident
- All fitted audio equipment is protected
- ‘Get You Home Service’ which makes sure you get home, or to your planned destination, if your car is not deemed roadworthy after an accident
- Unlimited windscreen cover
- European cover for up to 180 days a year
Other car insurance reviews
As well as all that, Age UK also offer a range of optional extras you can choose to add to your policy for an extra cost:
Motor Legal Protection
Gives you up to £100,000 cover for legal costs to pursue any uninsured losses after an accident that was not your fault e.g. personal injury
Replacement keys and locks are covered as standard up to £500 with an excess of £100. This optional extra includes other keys (home, office etc.) and raises the maximum claim value to £1,500.
This will reimburse the excess payment you make after a fault claim or vehicle theft or fire. You can make up to two claims per year with a limit of £500 per claim.
How much does Age UK car insurance cost?
As with all car insurance companies, the amount you pay in premiums for Age UK car insurance will depend on a host of different factors, including:
- Your age
- History of no claims
- Make and model of your car
- Your address
- Where you park the car at home (on the road, driveway, garage etc…)
- What you use the car for (commuting, driving for work etc…)
- Annual mileage
However, Age UK currently state you can get car insurance with them from £199.70 (10% of all customers who took out a Comprehensive policy starting July and December 2017 paid £199.70 or less).