AutoAid breakdown cover review
Free cover for your spouse
One fully comprehensive package
Other great benefits included
Unlike other providers, AutoAid only provide personal breakdown cover - they do not offer policies for vehicle breakdown cover.
AutoAid Personal Breakdown Cover
AutoAid’s personal breakdown policy provides you with cover in any vehicle that you break down in, as long as it is being driven legally.
Rather than offering several packages, AutoAid offer one fully comprehensive breakdown cover policy, which includes:
- Breakdown cover in any vehicle, excluding minibuses or vehicles used as taxis and/or business use.
- Roadside assistance – Call-out fees and labour charges to repair your vehicle at roadside will be covered, as well as the cost of taking your vehicle and up to 5 passengers to a nearby garage if it can’t be fixed.
- AutoAid recovery – A vehicle recovery service to take you and up to 5 passengers anywhere in the UK will be covered in the event of an emergency breakdown.
- Onward travel – Costs of either emergency overnight accommodation or alternative transport (taxi, train etc.) for up to 5 people will be reimbursed if you’re further than 25 miles away from home.
- Home start – Call-out fees and labour charges to recover your vehicle when you’re at, or within a mile of, your home will be covered.
As well as this core emergency breakdown package, all AutoAid policies offer additional benefits including:
- Retrieval of stolen vehicle – Costs of retrieving a vehicle that has been recovered following theft will be covered.
- Recovery of vandalised vehicle – Costs of taking your vehicle to a local garage, if it has been vandalised to the point where it can no longer be driven, will be covered.
- Caravan/Trailer recovery – Any caravan – or any trailer less than 10-feet long – will be entitled to the same service as your vehicle if attached by a standard 2-inch towing coupling.
- Toll fees – Costs of toll fees if the recovery service is required to pay one to reach and recover your vehicle will be covered.
- FREE cover for your spouse – Cover will also be provided for your legally recognised partner at no extra cost.
- Comprehensive cover
- Free cover for your husband or wife
- One, easy to understand package
- Lack of personalisation to policies
- No option to cover the costs of parts/repairs
- Lack of optional extra cover
- They use third party recovery services, so cannot guarantee excellent service
- No smartphone app
Does AutoAid offer European breakdown cover?
No – AutoAid only covers members for UK breakdowns. Their sister company, EuroRescue, offers European breakdown cover.
Can I cancel my AutoAid breakdown cover?
Yes – you have a 14 day cooling-off period during which you will receive a refund on your original premium (less than £15) if you cancel your policy. After that, you have up to 8 months to cancel your policy and receive a partial refund.
This applies for both new and renewing customers.
|Period of time||Percentage of premium refunded|
|Over 8 months||No refund|
AutoAid renewal – how do I renew my policy?
You can renew your AutoAid breakdown cover policy online at their website or over the phone.
Does AutoAid offer breakdown cover for business vehicles?
Not specifically, but personal breakdown cover will cover you against breakdowns in any eligible vehicle. AutoAid’s breakdown cover will not cover you in a minibus, vehicle used as a taxi or van used for business purposes.
Where can I get an AutoAid discount code?
AutoAid will publish discount codes for their breakdown cover themselves throughout the year, though this cannot be guaranteed.
When does my breakdown cover start?
Your breakdown cover will commence from midnight on the day that your payment was processed.
Can you pay monthly for AutoAid breakdown cover?
No. AutoAid only accepts annual payments for their policy, which can be purchased online or over the phone.
Customer reviews made on certified websites like Trustpilot give a good idea of what you should expect from your breakdown provider.
From over 100 reviews on Trustpilot, 57% rated AutoAid as ‘excellent’, while 35% rated it as ‘bad’. This gives them an average Trustpilot star-rating of 3.
Some of the more positive reviews of AutoAid have been made by customers who have been left satisfied by quick recovery times and good customer service when dealing with them directly over the phone.
However, some customers were left disappointed as, given that AutoAid do not use their own mechanics and recovery services, they cannot always guarantee a quick, friendly, reliable service.
Ratings (out of 5):
- Trustpilot: 3
- Reviews.co.uk: 5
- SmartMoneyPeople: 5
- Reviewcentre: 4
- Defaqto – 3/5 for Breakdown Recovery
Having 3/5 in Defaqto’s star rating suggests that AutoAid breakdown cover does not offer as comprehensive cover as it could, and that it lacks in certain features and benefits. It offers a good quality of service, but there are other providers who offer more – albeit at a slightly higher price.
- AutoExpress – 4th best breakdown provider in the UK for 2018.
When they asked their UK readers who they thought were the best in 2018, AutoAid came out as the 4th best breakdown provider in the UK, having been placed 2nd in 2017. It was placed ahead of other popular providers such as the AA and the RAC.
If you break down and are covered by AutoAid, you can contact them via:
- Phone – 0800 328 4439 or 01277 720 700, open 24/7
- Text – If you suffer from hearing or speech difficulties, you can text AutoAid on 07786 204387
If after reading this AutoAid breakdown cover review you’re still undecided, take a look at our other breakdown cover reviews here.