Aviva Car Insurance
Aviva was founded in 2000 and boasts of having around 15 million UK customers, stating that 95% of their customers said that they would recommend the insurance company to a friend (of 1421 respondents who were asked between 1st Jan and 15th Jan 2020).
Aviva car insurance offers 2 core policies; third-party, fire & theft, and comprehensive car cover, with a range of optional extras that you can add on to your policy, such as UK breakdown cover, no claims bonus protection, motor legal services and a courtesy replacement car in the event that your vehicle is damaged or stolen.
With an Aviva comprehensive car insurance policy, you can expect cover for:
- Lost, stolen or damaged vehicle.
- Injury to someone else or damage to another vehicle/property in a road traffic accident.
- Vehicle recovery (roadside repairs) or up to £150 cover for accommodation or public transport costs.
- If you’re aged 25 or over, you can drive someone else’s car.
- Legal costs involved with an accident.
- Death or severe injury following a car accident (you, your partner and any named drivers).
- Get a no claims discount (NCD) per vehicle insured.
The insurer also has an AvivaPlus policy, which is geared more towards existing customers.
Temporary car insurance
Aviva provides short-term car cover (between 1 and 28 days) to drivers who need insurance for shorter periods, such as needing to borrow someone’s car for a day, weekend tips, driving tests etc.
Aviva multi-car insurance - Save money on cover
A handy option for people who have more than one car and want to reduce the cost of insurance, Aviva’s multicar policy allows policyholders to get a 10% discount when they add extra vehicles (up to 5 vehicles per policy - all must be registered at same household).
Aviva contact details & number
To get a competitive car insurance quote with Aviva, simply visit their website to get one online.
Existing customers can manage their policy online, via the My Aviva app, but if you require further help and assistance, call them by using the number provided below.
Lines are open weekdays (8am to 8pm), Saturday (8.30am to 5pm) and Sunday and bank holidays (10am to 4pm).
You can also use their chatbot feature online, where you can type in your queries and receive advice.
0800 051 2374