Aviva van insurance review
Van insurance from as little as £203 per year
Cover available for personal and business use
Up to £500 tool cover included as standard
Windscreen repair or replacement also included
Aviva van insurance cover options
Just like their car insurance, Aviva van insurance is not on comparison sites. Therefore, if you want to take out a policy or find out how much it will cost then you need to go direct for a quote.
Aviva offer van insurance for business use as well as personal use, so whatever you use a van for you can get the right cover.
With Aviva you can choose either third party, fire and theft or comprehensive van insurance cover.
If you want to learn more about third party and comprehensive cover, read our guide: What does ‘third party’ and ‘comprehensive’ car insurance actually mean?
Below we will look closely at exactly what you get with Aviva van insurance, and what policy extras they offer to boost your level of cover.
Aviva comprehensive van insurance
With Aviva's comprehensive van policy, you get the following cover as standard:
- Loss or damage to your van - Cover for if your van is lost, stolen or damaged
- Van recovery - Aviva will make your van roadworthy again after an accident with roadside repairs to keep you moving, or will provide up to £150 for public transport or accommodation after an accident
- Tool cover - If your tools are lost or stolen, Aviva will provide up to £500 tool cover
- Glass replacement - The cost of repairing or replacing your windscreen is also covered as standard
- Replacement locks - Aviva will pay to replace your van locks, transmitter and/or immobiliser if your keys are lost or stolen
If you only want to insure your van with a third party, fire and theft policy, you will get the following cover:
- Damage to your vehicle - Cover against financial loss after damage to your van due to fire, theft or attempted theft
- Vehicle recovery - If it is damaged by fire, theft or attempted theft Aviva will provide protection and removal of your van
- Your liability - You are covered if you injure someone or damage the vehicle or property of a third party in a road accident
Aviva van insurance optional extras
As well as the standard policy features listed above, Aviva also offer the following optional extras at an extra cost to further enhance your van cover:
- Breakdown cover - Roadside assistance and Recovery as well as At Home and Onward Travel available
- Protected no claim discount - This optional extra means that if you make a claim your premium won't increase at renewal time because of it
- Motor legal protection - Aviva will provide help to recover any uninsured financial losses you may incur as a result of an accident that wasn't your fault e.g. loss of earnings, policy excess, personal injury etc.
- Courtesy van - Get access to a replacement vehicle after an accident
- Foreign use - Provides cover for driving your van in most European countries
Read our review of Aviva car insurance