What is single trip travel insurance?
As the name would suggest, single trip travel insurance are policies designed for single trips abroad. For example, a week away to Greece or a weekend trip to Prague.
If you only travel once or twice a year, it could save you money to purchase single trip insurance for these trips, rather than pay out for annual cover or multi-trip travel insurance.
What does a single trip travel insurance policy cover?
You will be covered for a number of different events during your holiday. These could be:
- Injury, illness and medical treatment
- Holiday/flight cancellation
- Public liability
- Baggage loss
- Baggage/possession theft
- Emergency repatriation
It is important to bear in mind that different companies offer different levels of cover. Don’t just assume that you will be covered for everything without checking the details in your policy.
If you find the perfect policy at the perfect price for your trip but notice you’re not covered for something specific, for example an extreme sport, you are usually able to add additional cover for an extra premium. This is common for activities such as skiing, scuba-diving and bungee-jumping.
Advantages of single trip travel insurance
- You will usually be given a 24 hour contact number in case of emergencies.
- As mentioned above, you can tailor a single trip policy to the needs of your holiday.
- You are able to get cover for the exact amount of days you are travelling, therefore you will not be paying any more than you need to.
However, single trip policies are not for everyone. If you travel abroad more than twice a year, it may be more cost effective for you to purchase a multi-trip travel policy. Also, if you are travelling as a family or in a large group, it may work out better for you to purchase a family or group policy.
At Bobatoo.co.uk we have teamed up with one of the UK’s leading travel insurers to offers a wide range of cover to meet all needs. Find out more over on our travel insurance page or get a quote below:
Learn more about travel insurance with our other guides:
- Can I Get Travel Insurance that Covers Coronavirus?
- How to Get a Refund on Travel Insurance due to Covid-19
- Flybe Airline Enters Administration Amidst Coronavirus Chaos
- Is Coronavirus Covered by Travel Insurance?
- Millennials Take TWICE as Many ‘Dream Holidays’ as Their Parents
- Easyjet to fill package holiday void left by Thomas Cook collapse
- Thomas Cook goes bust - Here's how it will affect your travel plans
- Medical bills soar to more than £200 MILLION for British holidaymakers