Budget van insurance review
5 star Defaqto rated van insurance
Windscreen cover included
UK-based claims helpline open 24/7
Budget van insurance products
Budget offer a variety of van insurance policies designed to suit all types of van driver.
With Budget, you can choose from:
- Third party only
- Third party, fire and theft
If you want to learn more about third party and comprehensive cover, read our guide: What does ‘third party’ and ‘comprehensive’ car insurance actually mean?
Budget pride themselves on offering a first class customer service - their UK-based claims line is open 24/7, and their customer service team is also available seven days a week to answer your questions.
Budget comprehensive van insurance
If you choose to get comprehensive van insurance from Budget, you will enjoy the following policy features:
- Cover for the loss of your van or any damage caused by an accident, vandalism, fire, theft or attempted theft
- Cover for any windscreen damage - which includes repairs or full windscreen replacement
- Refund your excess if you van is damaged in an accident caused by an uninsured driver
- Replacement lock cover up to £500
- Up to £500 cover for hotel expenses following an accident
Budget's van insurance doesn't cover you if:
- You cause damage by misfuelling or incorrect maintenance
- Your van is stolen after you leave the keys in it while unattended
Budget van insurance policy extras
As well as the above features, you can also choose from the below extras to increase your level of van insurance cover:
- Motor legal protection - reclaim any uninsured losses if you are involved in an accident that wasn't your fault e.g. excess, loss of earnings etc.
- Breakdown assistance - add RAC's breakdown service to make sure you can keep your business moving.
- Personal accident cover - provides financial support if you are injured in an accident - up to £30,000.
Mirrored No Claims Discount
Budget now offer mirrored No Claims Discount to van insurance customers, which offers experienced drivers lower premiums.
If you have built up No Claims Discount on another vehicle that is not the van you are insuring e.g. your family car - either as the main policyholder or a named driver - then you may be able to apply that discount to your van insurance with Budget.
There are certain terms and conditions you must adhere to in order to apply your mirrored NCD, so be sure to check you are eligible before signing up.