Direct Line van insurance review
Direct Line for Business - van insurance
As with their car insurance, Direct Line's van insurance policies are not available on comparison websites.
Therefore if you want to take advantage of their various benefits and discounts, you have to go direct for a quote.
According to Direct Line, 10% of their customers pay just £182 or less for their van insurance, so if you are shopping around looking for the best quote they are certainly an insurer worth considering.
Direct Line offers comprehensive and third party, fire and theft van policies as well as various optional extras.
If you want to learn more about third party and comprehensive cover, read our guide: What does ‘third party’ and ‘comprehensive’ car insurance actually mean?
Other van insurance reviews
Direct Line comprehensive van insurance
Direct Line's van insurance has a 5-star Defaqto rating, and their comprehensive cover comes with the following long lost of policy benefits:
- Third Party Fire and Theft cover
- Accidental Damage
- Malicious Damage
- Tools cover (up to £500)
- Windscreen damage
- Uninsured driver promise (Registration number, make and model of the other car is needed to make a claim. Comprehensive cover required and non fault claims only)
- Personal accident cover
- Medical expenses
- Personal belongings
- Hotel expenses
- New vehicle replacement
- Compulsory minimum EU cover
- Fitted in-car equipment
- Up to 9 years no claims discount
- Repairs guaranteed for 5 years when you use our approved repairer
- No administration fees to pay
Direct Line also offers several discounts to help you keep the cost of your van insurance down.
Named Driver No Claims Discount
Direct Line was the first major UK insurance company to recognise and include the No Claims history of named drivers on their policies.
This means that any named drivers on your van insurance policy will build up their own, individual No Claims Discount with Direct Line. When they apply for their own policy they can apply up to 5 years of NCD to their new policy.
Matched No Claims Discount
This allows you to apply your No Claims Discount to your second van.
If you purchase or already own a second van that will only be driven by you, Direct Line will apply the No Claims Discount you have already earned on your existing van.
If you own more than one vehicle you can save money with Direct Line's Multi-Vehicle Discount.
They currently offer a 15% introductory offer on new commercial van insurance policies taken out by existing customers, or members of their household.
If you want to further extend your cover, Direct Line also offer a range of optional extras:
- Protected No Claims Discount - After four years, you can protect your No Claims Discount for a small extra cost. This means you can make one claim in any year or two claims in any three year period without losing your No Claims Discount.
- Breakdown cover - Direct Line have partnered with Green Flag to offer a range of breakdown cover options to suit all needs and budgets.
- Guaranteed hire van - If you have an accident or your van is stolen/written off, you can boost your cover to make sure you get a replacement hire van while yours is being repaired - this can be for either 14 or 21 days in a row.
- Motor legal protection - This will provide up to £100,000 of legal costs to help you claim for uninsured losses (personal injury, loss of earnings etc.) if you have an accident that was not your fault.