Gladiator van insurance review
Gladiator van insurance
Gladiator is part of the Admiral insurance group, and offers a wide range of specialist van insurance policies designed to suit all types of van owners.
Gladiator offer van insurance for Social use, Social and Commuting, Own Goods cover and Haulage insurance. So whether you rely on your van for work, or just use it for personal reasons, you can find a policy for you with Gladiator.
Depending on your needs and circumstances, you can choose comprehensive, third .party, fire and theft or a third party only policy
If you want to learn more about third party and comprehensive cover, read our guide: What does ‘third party’ and ‘comprehensive’ car insurance actually mean?
Other van insurance reviews
Gladiator van insurance policy types
Gladiator offers four different types of van insurance:
This option is for van drivers who don't use their van to commute to and from work.
So if you only drive a van for personal and leisure activities then this is the policy for you.
Social and commuting
If you also use your van to commute to and from a single place of work, then you will need to up your cover with this policy.
Own Goods cover
This is suitable for van owners who use their vehicle in connection with their business (builders, plumbers, joiners etc.) and for those who travel between different places of work (different job sites, depots etc.)
If your van is used to transport your tools, stock or merchandise then you can also upgrade with Gladiator's Goods and Tools cover, which is basically contents cover for your van - meaning if your tools are stolen or damaged you are covered.
If your van is used to deliver third-party goods, then you will need haulage insurance.
This is ideal for couriers, removal van drivers and anyone else who earns their living by transporting goods.
Gladiator comprehensive van insurance benefits
If you choose comprehensive van insurance with Gladiator, you will benefit from the following policy features:
- Windscreen repair and replacement
- Courtesy van while yours is being repaired
- Unlimited cover for your vehicle's standard audio, visual or electronic equipment
- £5,000 personal injury cover
- Named drivers earn their own No Claims Bonus
- Personal belongings cover up to £150
Gladiator van insurance policy extras
As well as the policy features you get as standard, you can also beef up your van insurance cover by adding any of the below policy extras offered by Gladiator:
- Breakdown cover
- Personal injury cover - up to £50,000 or £100,000
- Hire vehicle cover - a hire van for up to 21 days if your van is written off or stolen and unrecovered
- Motor legal protection - up to £100,000 cover for uninsured losses
- Goods and Tools cover - different levels of cover available: £1,000, £2,000, £4,000 or £6,000