insure4aday car insurance review
- Temporary car insurance for 1-28 days
- Get instant quote online
- Short-term cover for two drivers available
- Best price guaranteed
About insure4aday car insurance
insure4aday is a specialist short-term and temporary car insurance company, offering cover for 1 – 28 days.
They are a great option for anyone looking to drive someone else’s car for a short period, or to add an additional driver to your car.
One of the big selling points of insure4aday is their quick and efficient online quoting system, which allows you to easily organise your temporary policy and get driving on the same day.
They also offer a Best Price Guarantee – meaning if you find a better price from any other online car insurance provider within 24 hours of buying a policy, they will match that price.
With insure4aday, you get comprehensive temporary car insurance which includes:
- Damage to the insured vehicle due to an accident
- Damage or loss caused by malicious damage, fire, theft, attempted theft, or vandalism
- Up to £20 million cover for loss or damage to other peoples property
- Legal obligations to third parties
- Emergency treatment fees
A short-term policy from insure4aday also comes with the legal minimum requirement to drive in the EU – which you can extend to comprehensive for an additional fee.
To learn more, read our guide: What does ‘third party’ and ‘comprehensive’ car insurance actually mean?
The full list of features of a temporary car insurance policy from insure4aday is:
- cover for up to 2 temporary additional drivers – when your own policy imposes restrictions
- cover for family members or close friends – especially when they are on holiday visiting you
- cover for a temporary additional vehicle – ideal for a week-end away or when your car is too small
- insurance for a newly purchased car or van – no need to wait for your own insurer to open
- use of a motor dealership’s courtesy vehicle – saves using public transport if your own vehicle is in for a service or repair
- an unaccompanied test-drive for a car or van – try before you buy
- instant “drive-away” insurance cover – ideal for a newly purchased vehicle
- competitively priced premiums from 1-28 days duration
- secure online credit/ debit card transactions
- insurance documents emailed immediately payment has been made
- ‘docu-safe’ facility where you can store your documents or print them at your leisure
As with all top car insurance companies, insure4aday also offers a range of optional extras to provide a higher level of cover and peace of mind. These include:
- European Travel Extension – comprehensive cover for temporary road trips from the UK
- Motor Breakdown Service – covers breakdown & call-out charges and up to 1 hours’ labour
- Motor Excess Protect Insurance – cover to protect your policy excess in the event of a claim
- Motor Excess Reduction Insurance – you choose the amount of policy excess you wish to pay
- Motorist Uninsured Loss Recovery Service – provides you with expert help and advice when you have an uninsured loss claim
- Choice of 3 postal options for your insurance documents
Get a quick quote from insure4aday now by visiting their website.
Learner Driver Insurance
insure4aday offers cover for learner drivers to insure the car they are practicing in, rather than be added as an additional driver to the car owner’s policy – which usually works out as much more expensive.
Their comprehensive temporary learner driver insurance can be purchased for any car up to the value of £25,000 and can last anywhere between 1 – 28 days.
Temporary provisional driver insurance is perfect for insuring a learner driver on a car to allow them to practice without compromising the No Claims Discount of the car owner in the evewnt of an accident – a major cause for concern for parents.
Impounded Car Insurance
If your car has been seized and impounded under Section 165a of the Road Traffic Act, you need to get at least a third party only policy that lasts for 30 days so that you can get it released.
The current police requirements are that you show proof of at least 30 days of the minimum legal insurance cover, and only the legal owner of the vehicle is able to have it released from the impound.
As insure4aday usually offer cover up to 28 days, you will need to specify at the quoting stage that your vehicle has been impounded so they can extend that to the 30 days minimum.
- Their impounded car insurance policy features:
- Immediate cover to release your impounded car or van
- Insurance certificate delivered to your inbox immediately
- Owner drivers with a pending No Insurance (IN10) conviction accepted
How much does insure4aday car insurance cost?
As with all car insurance companies, the amount you pay for a premium from insure4aday will depend on a host of different factors, including:
- Your age
- History of no claims
- Make and model of your car
- Your address
- Where you park the car at home (on the road, driveway, garage etc…)
- What you use the car for (commuting, driving for work etc…)
- Annual mileage
When it comes to temporary car insurance, the biggest factor on how much it costs it obviously the length of time you require cover for – but as a general rule you should be able to get cover for the full 28 days for a lot less than £200.