Post Office van insurance review
UK-based van insurance claims helpline
Three year guarantee on repairs by approved repairers
Comprehensive, Third Party, Fire and Theft and Third Party Only policies
A wide range of optional extras to increase your cover
Post Office van insurance
The Post Office might not be the first organisation you think of when it comes to insurance, but they now offer a wide range of competitively priced insurance policies.
One of the most popular insurance products offered by the Post Office is van insurance - which comes with a range of benefits for van owners.
First of all, you can choose a Comprehensive, Third Party, Fire and Theft (TPFT) or Third Party Only (TPO) van insurance policy with the Post Office.
If you want to learn more about third party and comprehensive cover, read our guide: What does ‘third party’ and ‘comprehensive’ car insurance actually mean?
Post Office comprehensive van insurance
If you choose to buy your van insurance with the Post Office, you will get the following policy benefits:
- Three-year guarantee on repairs carried out by their approved repairer
- UK-based contact centres
- 24-hour claims line offering fast, friendly, expert service
- European cover for up to 30 days for trips within the European Union (at the same level of your cover in the UK)
- Use your No Claims Bonus from your car on your van
- Windscreen cover is available on Comprehensive policies, including no excess, for repairs when using approved repairers
Post Office van insurance - what's covered?
Below is a full list of everything that is covered with a comprehensive Post Office van insurance policy:
- Accidental damage to your van, including windscreen and windows cover subject to a £75 excess if replacement is required
- Loss or damage to van accessories
- Choice of monthly or annual payment options
- Three-year guarantee on approved claims repairs
- Any emergency medical treatment payments made by someone using your van under the Road Traffic Acts
- Vandalism, malicious damage storm and flood damage
- Damage to a third party when towing, including trailers and caravans
- Up to £2m for damage to a third party's property
- Any damage or injury caused by a passenger
- Unlimited cover for injuries to a third party
- Theft and fire cover
If you want to increase your level of cover, the Post Office also offers the following van insurance optional extras - which are available at an extra cost:
- RAC breakdown cover - get breakdown assistance on the roadside or at home plus a recovery service if your van can't be repaired, onward travel assistance and a 24/7 helpline
- Motor Legal Protection - help recover legal expenses up to £100,000 and uninsured losses, such as personal injury, excess payments, loss of earnings etc.
- Van tools insurance - designed for both business and personal van users. Choose the level of cover you need ranging from £1,000 to £7,500. Covers contents in, on or being unloaded from your van. Find out more: Van tool insurance