Quidco VS Widilo - A Review
To help make your online shopping experience that much better, cashback sites are available to help shoppers get some money back from their online purchases, and they are one of the best ways to cut down your spending and save money throughout the year.
One of the most commonly known cashback websites is Quidco, which has been up and running since 2005, while there are also newer sites such as Widilo, which began in 2012 in Paris and later made it to the UK.
But how does Widilo match up to Quidco, one of the oldest, most-recommended cashback pioneers? Here, we take a look at both websites and their online reviews to help you choose which one would benefit you the most when shopping online.
Quidco review - Key features
Firstly, by signing up to Quidco as a new member, you will be rewarded with an extra £10 cashback bonus after making your first purchase through the site.
>>> Sign up here <<<
To get an idea of what Quidco is and how it works, here’s what members can expect from the cashback site:
- Quidco claims to be the highest paying cashback site in the UK.
- Visit your favourite brands via the Quidco website and shop as you normally would (Quidco will track your purchase).
- There are more than 4,500 retailers to choose from.
- Categories include fashion, beauty, technology, travel, takeaways, groceries, insurance, energy and more.
- Compare insurance quotes and energy deals and get up to £35 in cashback.
- Quidco keeps you updated about your cashback every step of the way.
- When the retailer confirms your purchase, you’ll get the cash back.
- Earn hundreds of pounds in cashback every year.
- The cashback can be spent in any way you want.
- Refer a friend and get another £10 cashback bonus.
- Withdraw the cashback to your bank account, PayPal, or have it in the form of gift vouchers.
- No obligation to sign up - simply browse their deals first to see what’s on offer.
- No hidden costs as Quidco makes its money by earning commission from retailers.
- There is a Quidco Premium account available, which costs just £1 of your cashback per month, but is worth it for the extra features.
- You can also benefit from discount voucher codes and free samples when spending a certain amount with selected retailers, and you’ll be rewarded with cashback for taking advantage of these offers.
- Quidco Reminder Chrome Extension - Every time you shop online, Quidco will remind you of the cashback deals you could be getting with them, making sure you don’t miss out.
- The Quidco app gives you access to better cashback deals online.
>>> Sign up here <<<
How long does Quidco take to pay?
The time it takes to receive your cashback largely depends on when your selected retailer confirms whether or not you’re eligible for cashback; i.e whether your purchase meets all of Quidco’s terms and conditions.
Once they inform Quidco that you are eligible, your cashback will be added to your account, but bear in mind that the whole process can take up to 3 months for most purchases with retailers, and it could take even longer for financial products (such as insurance), with a wait of up to 9 months.
When you click on a retailer on Quidco’s site, it will give you an estimated payment speed, so you’ll have an idea of when you’ll get paid then. If you don’t get paid by the date stated, Quidco will automatically chase it up for you, so you can sit back, relax and await to receive your money.
While some people feel this is quite a long time to wait for cashback, it’s worth remembering that this is better than receiving no cashback at all, and if you make regular purchases through Quidco, you should be able to earn enough money to pay for Christmas! (see customer reviews below).
Read more: Quidco vs Topcashback
Widilo review - Key features
While it is relatively new to the UK, Widilo still has a lot to offer to its members:
- There are more than 1,000 retailers to choose from, with thousands of cashback deals on offer.
- Categories include fashion, electronics, travel, health and beauty, home and garden, sport, fitness and much more.
- Get voucher codes and earn cashback with the UK’s most popular stores.
- When your cashback is activated, you can benefit from extra shopping points which can be used towards future purchases or in the form of gift cards.
- The more you buy through Widilo, the higher the rewards you are entitled to receive.
- The site is regularly updated with new retailers and brands, so members can expect to discover new shops and offers now and again.
- Widilo Cashback Reminder - Get notified when you need to activate your cash back or when cashback or promo codes become available when shopping online.
By signing up as a new member, you’ll also be rewarded with a £5 signup bonus!
Learn more: A List of Cashback Sites
If you’re not fully convinced by these cashback sites, it’s always worth looking at real-life customer reviews to see other people’s experiences regarding the service provided. One good place to start is Trustpilot.
Quidco has just under 94,000 reviews on Trustpilot, with 74% giving it a rating of ‘Excellent’, 15% rating it as ‘Great’ and 5% rating it as either ‘Bad’ or ‘Poor’. Overall, it has a rating of ‘Excellent’, with 4.6 stars out of 5.
Generally, most people who have made positive comments state that Quidco is the best cashback site in the UK as it is really easy to use and comes with a handy app to track all your purchases and cashback.
One customer even stated that the cashback savings she makes on purchases through Quidco pay for Christmas every year!
Some people even state how it has helped them with their finances throughout the Coronavirus pandemic:
A few of the negative comments include some poor experiences with Quidco’s customer service and are not happy about the time it takes to receive cashback, but generally the feedback is good across the board.
On Trustpilot, Widilo currently has a ‘Great’ review rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars, but as this cashback site is relatively new, it only has 11 reviews so doesn’t reflect a true rating in comparison to Quidco.
The majority of the reviews are positive, with 9 people rating it as ‘Excellent’. The positive reviews mainly talk about how easy it is to earn cashback with Widilo and that it’s a great tool for saving money online.
The two 1-star reviews, however, state that they were unhappy with the delays in cashback and that they did not receive a response from the customer service team regarding this.
You can use a range of other customer review websites if you’d like to do further research, such as reviews.co.uk. It’s worth remembering that most companies will have the odd negative comment here and there, so you should try to read a range of reviews to get a fair view of the company overall, and then you can make an informed decision based on that.
Which is the best cashback site?
Choosing the best cashback website for you is really down to your personal preferences and what you want to get out of online shopping.
Quidco is generally deemed to be one of the best cashback sites in the UK, but this doesn’t mean you can’t sign up to another one to compare their deals too.
Can you use multiple cashback sites?
Signing up to 2 or 3 could be beneficial because some sites will have certain retailers and deals that others won’t, so you’ll have more options when shopping online. Some sites may also have certain cashback terms and conditions, so you might want to check out how each one works first, then each time you shop, you’ll have a good idea of what cashback site could benefit you the most at that time.
Other well-known cashback sites include OhMyDosh and Kerching and Win, which also have great deals and offers. To compare sites to help you choose the best one or the best few, read our list of the best cashback websites to find out how each one works.
If you want to know more, you can easily sign up to Quidco or Widilo right now to find out how they work and to see how much cashback you could earn by purchasing from some of your favourite shops online.
Alternatively, check out our useful guides below.